Orthopedic specialists in Southeast Georgia
Whether you are experiencing chronic joint pain or an orthopedic injury, you can count on Memorial Satilla Health to provide the care you need. We use the latest treatments and surgical procedures to stop your pain and help you get back to what you love. Our orthopedic surgeons and specialists in Waycross, Georgia, are here to walk alongside you, from diagnosis to treatment and rehabilitation.
To learn more about the orthopedic services we offer, contact our Consult-A-Nurse® team at (912) 584-6201.
We are proud to offer a wide range of advanced surgery options to treat conditions ranging from arthritis to sports injuries.
Our specialty areas include:
- Arthritic conditions
- Arthroscopic procedures
- Carpal tunnel release
- Foot and ankle injuries
- Hand surgery
- Joint replacement surgery
- Joint trauma
- Ligament reconstruction
- Reverse total shoulder arthroplasty
- Sports medicine
- Ulnar nerve release
Joint replacement surgery
Joint replacement can help reduce pain and increase mobility, so you can return to your daily routine without limitations. During a full joint replacement, the entire joint will be replaced with an artificial joint. During a partial joint replacement, only a portion of the damaged joint is replaced.
The artificial joint is extremely lightweight and durable. Many patients experience years of improved motion as a result of their surgery. Joint replacement procedures we offer include:
- Partial knee replacement
- Partial shoulder replacement
- Revision of total hip replacement
- Revision of total knee replacement
- Total hip replacement
- Total knee replacement
- Total shoulder replacement
Candidates for joint replacement surgery
If you are considering joint replacement surgery, we will first perform a physical examination to determine if you are a candidate for the procedure. The physical examination will also give us a chance to better understand the extent of damage to your joint. Total joint replacement will be considered if other treatment options have not been effective at relieving pain and increasing mobility.
If a sports injury or medical condition has sidelined you from your favorite activity, our sports medicine specialists are here for you. We use advanced methods to treat injuries and enhance performance in professional, nonprofessional and recreational athletes of all ages. Our goal is to help you return to an active lifestyle as quickly as possible.
Orthopedic spine services
Our orthopedic team provides diagnostic assessment, treatment and physical therapy for neck and back disease and injuries. This includes surgical and non-surgical spine treatment options for a full range of spinal conditions.
Conditions we treat include acute injuries and degenerative conditions of the neck and back, such as disc disease and spinal stenosis. We offer second opinions and care for patients who have had unsuccessful surgical treatments from other facilities.
Surgical spinal treatment options we offer:
- Anterior lumbar interbody fusion
- Anterior cervical discectomy and fusion
- Cervical posterior foraminotomy
- Disc replacement, lumbar
- Interlaminar lumbar instrumented fusion
- Khyphoplasty (balloon vertebroplasty)
- Laminectomy (cervical) with fusion
- Lumbar disc microsurgery
- Lumbar inter-body fusion
- Spinal cord stimulation
- Spinal cord stimulator implant
Non-surgical spinal treatment options we offer:
- Cervical epidural steroid injection
- Cervical facet block
- Facet joint injections
- Intercostal nerve block
- Interspinous spacer implant
- Lumbar epidural steroid injection (with and without contrast)
- Lumbar facet block
- Lumbar transforaminal epidural steroid injection
- Radiofrequency ablation/rhizotomy
- Sacroiliac joint injection
- Spinal cord stimulator (SCS) implants
- Sacroiliac (SI) joint fusion
- Stem cell/platelet rich plasma (PRP) therapy
- Spinal cord stimulation
- Thoracic facet block
- Transforaminal epidural injection