Advanced neurology services in Waycross, Georgia
No matter what type of neurological condition you may be facing, the neurology team at Memorial Satilla Health is here for you. We offer compassionate care for a wide range of conditions, from migraines to neuromuscular disorders. Additionally, our emergency room is equipped to handle neurological emergencies, such as a stroke.
For more information about our neurological services, contact our Consult-A-Nurse® team at (912) 584-6201.
Neurological disorders and conditions we treat
Our team of board-certified neurologists and neurosurgeons in Waycross, Georgia, provides advanced care for a wide range of diseases and disorders that affect the brain and nervous system.
Conditions we treat include:
- Alzheimer’s disease
- Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS)
- Autonomic disorders
- Back pain or neck pain
- Behavioral health conditions
- Cerebrovascular disease
- Clinical neurology
- Migraine and cluster headaches in adult and pediatric patients
- Movement disorders, including Parkinson’s disease and tremor dystonia
- Multiple sclerosis (MS)
- Muscular dystrophy
- Neuromuscular disorders
- Neuropathic pain syndromes
- Peripheral neuropathy
- Tourette syndrome
According to the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), stroke is the leading cause of disability and fifth greatest cause of death in the U.S. If you think you or somebody you love is experiencing a stroke, call 911 immediately.
Patients experiencing a stroke require emergency medical attention as soon as possible after symptoms have been identified. The sooner medical intervention begins, the better chance for recovery. In some cases, fast treatment can decrease the amount of long-term damage.
Recognizing the warning signs of stroke and seeking emergency care can help save a life. To recognize stroke symptoms, remember the F.A.S.T. check:
- Face: Does one side of the face droop when the person smiles?
- Arms: Does one arm drop down when both arms are raised?
- Speech: Is speech slurred or confusing when you ask the person to repeat a sentence?
- Time: If the answer to any of these is yes, call 911 right away, and tell the dispatcher you think someone is having a stroke.
After a neurological diagnosis or event, patients often require rehabilitation. Our rehabilitation center is staffed with expert occupational and physical therapists who create a personalized therapy regimen for each neuro rehab patient.