Cardiac rehabilitation center in Ware County
Cardiac rehabilitation is an important part of the recovery process following a heart event or diagnosis. It can help you regain strength, create healthy habits and decrease your risk for additional heart issues. At Memorial Satilla Health, we work with you to create a customized therapy program that meets your needs and helps you get back to what you love.
For more information about our cardiac rehabilitation program in Waycross, please call (912) 284-2410.
Candidates for cardiac rehabilitation
Our cardiac rehabilitation program is designed to help patients following a cardiac event, heart diagnosis or respiratory condition. Patients are eligible to participate in cardiac rehabilitation if they have experienced any of the following:
- Bypass surgery
- Chronic heart failure
- Coronary artery disease
- Heart attack
- Heart transplant
- Stable angina
- Stent placement
- Valve repair or replacement
Cardiac rehabilitation services we offer
Cardiac rehabilitation is designed to help people with heart disease live longer, healthier lives. We offer inpatient, early outpatient and maintenance programs to promote optimal heart health.
Cardiac rehabilitation services include:
- Education for lifestyle modifications and exercise
- Outpatient rehabilitation services two to four times per week
- Risk-factor intervention programs
- Supervised exercise training
- Supervision by licensed and qualified healthcare professionals
Benefits of cardiac rehabilitation
The goal of our cardiac rehabilitation program is to help you become more physically fit for your daily activities at home, work and in your leisure time.
Cardiovascular rehabilitation can help:
- Decrease elevated blood pressure
- Decrease elevated cholesterol levels
- Improve cardiovascular and muscular endurance
- Increase knowledge of cardiovascular risk factors
- Promote weight management
- Provide support systems to reduce anxiety and depression
- Strengthen your heart through regular aerobic exercise
Rehabilitation enrollment and cost
Prior to starting cardiac rehabilitation, you will need a physician referral, medical evaluation and an exercise stress test to determine your physical and cardiac condition.
Most charges for outpatient cardiac rehabilitation are covered by insurance. However, private insurances vary and will be reviewed and cleared by our staff before you begin the rehabilitation program. Our staff will also assist in evaluating coverage and calculating any out-of-pocket costs prior to beginning the rehabilitation program.
Getting to your appointment
Our cardiac rehabilitation offices are located across the street from the hospital in the outpatient therapy building. You may park directly in front of the building and follow signs for Cardiac and Pulmonary Rehabilitation. We are open Monday through Thursday from 7:30am to 4:30pm.