Mental health services in Ware County
Memorial Satilla Health's behavioral health department in Waycross, Georgia, offers inpatient and outpatient mental health services. From outpatient psychiatric services to a 15-bed inpatient geriatric program, our specialists help patients manage a wide range of behavioral health difficulties.
For more information about the behavioral health services we offer or to request an assessment, call (912) 338-6338.
Inpatient senior behavioral health program
We deliver individualized treatments for older adults with acute emotional health stressors or symptoms that cannot be safely and adequately addressed on an outpatient basis. We treat individuals who may have a medical condition in addition to the emotional crises they may be experiencing.
Our care plans are based on individual needs and may include:
- Active psychiatric treatment guided by a psychiatrist
- Aftercare planning that addresses the patient's symptoms and behaviors and their post-hospitalization needs
- Family and individual support systems as active members of the treatment team to foster positive outcomes
- Medical assessment and management for patients presenting with medical conditions
- Medication administration and monitoring, if needed
- Ongoing contact with personal caretakers, medical caretakers and the facility for aftercare planning when appropriate
Clinical services we offer
Our physician-led program integrates the latest clinical research and practices to meet our patients' needs. We work with patients and family members to identify treatment goals, teach effective coping skills and help manage symptoms.
Our senior psychiatric care program features:
- Assessment/treatment of cognitive and functional decline due to depression, dementia, anxiety and substance abuse
- Group, recreation and music therapies
- Occupational therapy
- Psychiatric evaluations
- Spacious rooms in a safe, comfortable environment
Team members involved with patient care may include:
- Internal medicine physicians
- Social workers
We accept most insurance plans, private pay, Medicare and Medicaid. Please contact your insurance provider to review individual benefits.