As technology in medical imaging continues to advance at an astounding pace, you can count on Memorial Satilla Health to offer the latest imaging breakthroughs!
An Array of Imaging Services
Keeping your comfort and convenience in mind, we offer an extensive array of imaging services and, of course, a full range of hospital services should the need arise. All of our images are interpreted by a group of physicians that includes board-certified, fellowship-trained radiologists with expertise in all types of imaging studies.
Along with the latest in nuclear medicine and ultrasound, we offer:
- High-field MRI that captures the sharpest, fastest, most accurate images available in imaging today. Featuring a "short bore" tunnel, our MRI allows patients to lie comfortably without feeling closed in the unit.
- A non-invasive Computed Tomography (CT) scanners that spirals around the body taking up to 100-images per second creating 3-D images of internal structures from various angles. At Memorial Satilla Health the CT scanners are also used for vascular studies, providing sharp, real-time pictures of even the tiniest blood vessels. CT scanner technology helps physicians instantly diagnose a full range of disorders.
- Positron Emission Tomography/CT scanner (PET/CT scanner) that combines the strengths of PET and CT technologies into a single scan. CT shows images of the body’s internal structures, while PET shows how those structures are functioning on a cellular level. For example, a CT scan may show the precise size, shape and location of a tumor. But a PET scan can detect biochemical changes inside the tumor that indicate whether it’s cancer.
- Mammography with CAD technology that can spot breast abnormalities the human eye cannot yet see.
- Our Picture Archiving and Communication System (PACS), a "filmless" approach to diagnostic imaging, allow multiple physicians to view the same scan at the same time, no matter where they are located. Patients no longer need to transfer their own films from place to place saving them time and energy!
The Preferred Choice in Imaging
As the preferred choice for medical and diagnostic imaging services in Waycross and the surrounding area, Memorial Satilla Health offers the following advantages:
- Cutting edge diagnostic equipment and services:
- Diagnostic X-ray
- Bone Densitometry
- Portable X-ray and Fluoroscopy
- 3-D MRI
- 4-D Ultrasound capabilities
- CT Angiography
- MR Angiography
- Interventional Radiology / Organ Tissue Biopsy
- Stereotactic Breast Biopsy
- Skill and Compassion
Our expertly trained staff, accredited by the American College of Radiology will do everything to ensure an effortless and comfortable imaging experience for you.
With our hospital-based Imaging Department, we are providing the surrounding area with fast and convenient service.
Please call (912) 287-2650 to schedule your imaging appointment.
We specialize in non-invasive diagnostic imaging and our staff offers unparalleled expertise you can count on. In addition, our friendly and professional staff is here to answer any questions you may have about our services.
Whether you need a CT, Mammography, Ultrasound, Osteoporosis Screening, or X-ray, our goal is to provide you with courteous, expedient, professional service of the highest quality.