Mental health services in Waycross, Georgia
Memorial Satilla Health's behavioral health department offers inpatient and outpatient mental health services. From outpatient psychiatric services for general adult mental health to a 15-bed inpatient center that offers a specific inpatient treatment program for the geriatric population, our specialists in Waycross, Georgia help patients manage a wide range of mental and behavioral health difficulties.
For more information, or to request an assessment, call (912) 338-6338.
We accept most insurance plans, private pay, Medicare and Medicaid. Please call us to review individual benefits.
Inpatient Geriatric Psychiatric Program
At Memorial Satilla Health's Senior Behavioral Center, we deliver individualized treatment strategies for those with acute emotional health stressors or symptoms that cannot be safely and adequately addressed on an outpatient basis. Our program has the capacity to treat individuals who may have a medical condition in addition to the emotional crises they may be experiencing.
Our physician-led, interdisciplinary treatment team has developed a program that integrates approaches supported by the latest clinical research and practice. The program uses a collaborative, interdisciplinary treatment team approach to meet the needs of our patients.
Our individualized plan of care includes:
- Active psychiatric treatment guided by a psychiatrist.
- Medication administration and monitoring, if clinically indicated.
- An aftercare plan linked to the presenting problem and behaviors that resulted in the admission and that addresses post-hospitalization needs.
- Family and individual support systems as active members of the treatment team to foster positive outcomes.
- Medical assessment and management for those patients presenting with medical conditions.
- Ongoing contact with personal caretakers, medical caretakers, and the facility, where appropriate, for purpose of aftercare planning.
Our clinical services
Specializing in psychiatric care for seniors, the senior care program is designed to meet the psychological and physical healthcare needs of older adults. We offer:
- Skilled team includes psychiatrists, physicians, nurse practitioners, nurses, psychologists, therapists, and technicians.
- Spacious rooms in a safe, comfortable environment.
- Recreation and music therapies.
- Assessment/treatment of cognitive and functional decline due to depression, dementia, anxiety and substance abuse.
- Extensively networks with community resources.
Accompanying this approach are our clinical services and mental health resources. Behavioral health treatment options include group, recreational and occupational therapy, family conferences, counseling, medication education and psychiatric evaluations. Whichever treatment options you or a loved one chooses to pursue, we provide support throughout the entire process.
The Memorial Satilla Health inpatient facility provides a continuum of services through a network of caregivers. Our mental health team works with patients and family members to identify treatment goals (such as changing problem behaviors and thought patterns), learn effective coping skills and manage the symptoms of the disorder. Early diagnosis, evaluation, intervention and education are the best forms of treatment.
Team members involved with patient care may include:
- Internal medicine physicians
- Social workers