Mental health services in Waycross, Georgia
The behavioral health department of Memorial Satilla Health offers inpatient and outpatient mental health services. From memory loss in older adults, to depression, our psychiatrists, psychologists and other behavioral health specialists in Waycross, Georgia help patients manage mental health disorders.
Let us help you by providing a personalized solution and treatment plan for better mental health. Appointments with our psychiatric care office are scheduled through a referral process or by calling (912) 490-0078.
At Memorial Satilla Health, we understand that life’s challenges and disappointments can affect your mental health. Many people may experience anxiety or depression that goes away after a short period of time. However, for other people, these feelings don’t go away, or they become so severe that they interfere with daily life. Whatever your mental health concerns may be, have peace of mind knowing our mental health specialists in Waycross are here to help
Mental health disorders we treat
Our outpatient behavioral health providers help patients manage mental health disorders, such as:
- Cognitive disorders, including Alzheimer’s and Lewy body dementia
- Mood disorders, including major depressive disorder and bipolar disorder
- Anxiety disorders, including generalized anxiety disorder (GAD), panic disorder and obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Psychotic disorders, including schizophrenia and schizoaffective disorder
- Personality disorders, including borderline personality disorder
Inpatient mental health services
Our inpatient behavioral health providers in Waycross offer special expertise in managing:
- Suicidal thoughts or feeling as if life isn’t worth living
- Loss of interest in activities for two or more weeks
- Agitation and behavioral problems
- Feelings of helplessness and despair
- Confusion and memory loss
- Not sleeping or eating
- Racing thoughts that won’t go away
- Tearfulness and crying spells
- Seeing objects and/or people who aren’t there
- Decrease in ability to care for oneself
Under the supervision of the medical director, our mental health professionals in Waycross, Georgia provide 24-hour care and offer a wide range of specialties including, but not limited to:
- Comprehensive assessments
- Individualized treatment planning
- Recovery-oriented care
- Safe environment
- Medication management and education
- Physical, occupational and speech therapies
- Family/support system involvement
- Safety planning
- Discharge planning
- Individualized and group therapy
- Community resource referrals
We welcome and encourage family participation every step along the way.
Inpatient geriatric psychiatric program
The Senior Behavioral Health Center is designed to address the unique challenges of our aging community. Located on the third floor of the hospital, this 15-bed inpatient geriatric psychiatric unit is available for patients who are generally 60 years old and older and need help with coping with life’s transitions, depression, anxiety, psychosis, dementia or other behavioral changes related to aging.
Our inpatient geriatric mental health program offers patients private and semi-private rooms and a therapeutic environment. The primary goal of treatment during hospitalization is to help patients gain a better understanding of themselves while promoting dignity, privacy and comfort—while improving independence, safety and functional ability. The length of hospitalization varies among each senior health patient, however, the average stay is approximately 10 to 15 days.
The Senior Behavioral Health Center offers 24-hour admission. For more information or for a referral, please call (912) 338-6338 or (800) 548-4221.
Memorial Satilla Health provides support services for family members and caregivers of patients with memory-related illnesses. Family and caregivers often seek counseling, support and educational programs to help them better understand the nature of their loved one’s impairment and how to cope with it.
Our support services for families and caregivers include:
- Family counseling
- Alzheimer’s support group
Inpatient behavioral health team
The Memorial Satilla Health inpatient facility provides a continuum of services through a network of caregivers. Our mental health team works with patients and family members to identify treatment goals (such as changing problem behaviors and thought patterns), learn effective coping skills and manage the symptoms of the disorder. Early diagnosis, evaluation, intervention and education are the best forms of treatment.
Team members involved with patient care may include:
- Internal medicine physicians
- Social workers