The Senior Behavioral Center is designed to address the unique challenges of our aging community. Located on the third floor of the hospital, this 15-bed inpatient psychiatric unit is available for patients that are generally age 60 and older and need help with coping with life’s transitions, depression, anxiety, psychosis, dementia or other behavioral changes related to aging.
Patients are offered private and semi-private rooms and a therapeutic environment to gain a better understanding of themselves while promoting dignity, privacy and comfort. The primary goals of treatment during hospitalization are improving the patient’s independence, safety, and functional ability. The length of stay varies with hospitalization, lasting approximately 10 to 15 days.
For further information, referral service, or 24-hour admission, please contact the Senior Behavioral Center at (912) 338-6338.
- Suicidal thoughts or feeling as if life isn’t worth living
- Loss of interest in activities for two or more weeks
- Agitation and behavior problems
- Feelings of helplessness and despair
- Confusion and memory loss
- Not sleeping or eating
- Racing thoughts that won’t go away
- Tearfulness and crying spells
- Seeing objects/people who aren’t there
- Decrease in ability to care for self
Our Treatment Philosophy
Under the supervision of the medical director, our mental health staff provide 24-hour care and offer a wide range of specialties including, but not limited to:
- Comprehensive assessments
- Individualized treatment planning
- Recovery-oriented care
- Safe environment
- Medication management and education
- Physical, occupational and speech therapies
- Family/support system involvement
- Safety planning
- Discharge planning
- Individualized and group therapy
- Community resource referrals
We welcome and encourage family participation every step along the way.
We are here for you.
For more information, referral service, or 24hour admission regarding Senior Behavioral CenterInpatient Geriatric Psychiatry Unit call (912) 338-6338.