Cardiac rehab center in Waycross, Georgia
The cardiac rehabilitation program at Memorial Satilla Health is designed to help patients improve strength and endurance following a cardiac event, heart diagnosis or respiratory condition. Our therapy and rehabilitation specialists in Waycross, Georgia work with each patient and his or her referring provider to customize a therapy program to meet health goals.
For more information about our cardiac rehab program in Waycross, please call (912) 283-3030.
Patients are eligible to participate in cardiac rehabilitation if they have experienced any of the following cardiovascular events:
- Bypass surgery
- Chronic heart failure
- Heart attack
- Heart transplant
- Stable angina
- Stent placement
- Valve repair or replacement
- Coronary artery disease
Cardiac rehab services
Cardiac rehabilitation is designed to help people with heart disease live longer, healthier lives. We offer inpatient, early outpatient and maintenance programs for optimal heart health.
Cardiac rehab services include:
- Supervised exercise training
- Risk-factor intervention programs
- Education for lifestyle modification and exercise
- Supervision by licensed and qualified healthcare professionals
- Outpatient rehabilitation services two to four times per week
Benefits of cardiac rehabilitation
Participating in our Waycross cardiac rehabilitation program will help you become more physically fit for your daily activities at home, work and in your leisure time.
Cardiovascular rehab focuses on:
- Strengthening your heart through regular aerobic exercise
- Decreasing elevated blood pressure
- Decreasing elevated cholesterol levels
- Improving cardiovascular and muscular endurance
- Promoting weight management
- Increasing knowledge of cardiovascular risk factors
- Providing support systems to reduce anxiety and depression
Coronary artery disease high-risk program
The goal of the coronary artery disease (CAD) high-risk program is to prevent a cardiac event before it happens. The program consists of three to five visits per week for six weeks. You are eligible for the program if you are at an elevated risk for developing CAD or if you have been diagnosed with one or more of the following diseases:
- Hyperlipidemia (high cholesterol)
- Hypertension (high blood pressure)
Rehab enrollment and cost
Prior to entering cardiac rehabilitation, you will need a physician referral, medical evaluation and an exercise stress test to determine your physical and cardiac condition.
Most charges for outpatient cardiac rehabilitation are covered by insurance. However, private insurances vary and will be reviewed and cleared by our staff before you begin the rehabilitation program. Our staff will also assist in evaluating coverage and calculating out-of-pocket costs (if any) prior to beginning the rehabilitation program.
The CAD high-risk program is not reimbursable by insurance. Our cardiovascular rehabilitation staff will review charges and payments with you prior to beginning the preventive program.
Monday through Thursday: 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Friday: 7:30 a.m. to noon