Sometimes, life can be difficult. Disappointments and challenges can cause feelings of anxiety, stress or depression. For most people, these feelings go away after a short period of time. However, if they do not go away, or if they are so severe that they interfere with your daily life, we’re here to help.
At Memorial Satilla Health, our mental health specialists can help you deal with your issues and regain control of your life. We are available to address the unique challenges of those in our community who suffer from psychiatric illnesses. The caregivers in the center will determine distinguishing factors through screening and full evaluations. These factors will help health care providers identify diseases, disorders or medical conditions that affect memory loss.
Inpatient & Outpatient Services
By utilizing both inpatient and outpatient services, we are able to offer comprehensive mental health evaluations. Our experts are available to provide inpatient psychiatric consultation-liaison services to all departments within the hospital. Our providers offer special expertise in managing:
- Cognitive Disorders, behavioral management of all types of Dementia (Alzheimer’s, Lewy Body)
- Mood Disorders, including Major Depressive Disorder and Bipolar Disorder
- Anxiety Disorders, including Generalized Anxiety Disorder, Panic Disorder and OCD
- Psychotic Disorders, including Schizophrenia and Schizoaffective Disorder
- Personality Disorders, including Borderline Personality Disorder
- Addictive Disorders, including outpatient comprehensive assessments and aftercare (excluding detoxification treatment)
Conditions that Affect Memory Loss
Examples of diseases, disorders or medical conditions that affect memory loss include:
- Brain injury
- Brain tumors
- Chronic fatigue syndrome
- Learning disorders
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
- Sports injuries
The Memorial Satilla Specialists - Psychiatric Care office, located at 1707-A Blvd Square in Waycross, is unique to Southeast Georgia in providing a continuum of services through a network of caregivers. The care team works with patients and family members to identify treatment goals such as changing problem behaviors and thought patterns, learning more effective coping skills, as well as how to manage the symptoms of your illness. Early diagnosis, evaluation, intervention and education are the best forms of treatment.
Team members involved with patient care may include:
- Internal medicine physicians
- Social workers
The Memorial Satilla Specialists - Psychiatric Care office also provides support services for family members and caregivers of those with memory-related illnesses. Family and caregivers often seek counseling, support and educational programs to help them better understand the nature of the impairment and how to cope with it.
Services for families and caregivers include:
- Family counseling
- Respite services
- Local community advisory committee
- Alzheimer’s support group
- Brain injury support group
Scheduling an Appointment
Whatever your mental health concerns, we will work with you to provide a personalized solution and treatment plan for better health. Appointments with The Memorial Satilla Specialists - Psychiatric Care office are scheduled through a referral process or by calling (912) 490-0078.